Port of Columbia
LOCATION: Six miles north of Columbia, Louisiana on the west side of LA Highway 165 and 25 south of Monroe, LA on the Ouachita River; Riverton Road.
ORGANIZATION: The Colmbia Port Commission was created by R.S. 34:1901. It is governed by a board of commissioners consisteing of 5 members who serve a 5-year term.
The Port of Columbia is prime real estate for industry and farming. Featuring 171 acres outside the city limits of Columbia, Louisiana. Approximate lease price is $1,500 per acre.
The Port of Columbia is located just off Hwy 165, 21 miles south of Interstate 20 and 63 miles from Interstate 49.
Outbound - Cottonseed and grain
OVERALL ANNUAL TONNAGE:
TOTAL GROSS REVENUE:
MAIN CHANNEL DEPTH 9 FOOT DRAFT
CARGO TERMINALS AND FACILITIES
1. 60-acre site for development
2. 130,000 bu. capacity grain storage with 66 ft dump over 100,000 pound scale
3. Conveyor system for loading trucks and barges
4. 36,000 square feet storage warehouse - 22 ft eave ht. with dump pit conveyors - air system
5. 100,000 bd. ft kiln dryer with storage building and lay down yard.
6. 5,000 sq ft office building
7. Rock yard with 5-acre lay down and unloading
8. 20,000 sq. ft cottonseed warehouse
9. Barge loading/unloading area
COLUMBIA PORT COMMISSION (PORT OF COLUMBIA)
P.O. Box 367, Columbia, LA 71418 Telephone: 318-649-0101 FAX 318-649-0203